Littmann Cardiology IV
Features & benefits:
- Exceptional acoustic performance.
- Adjustable diaphragm which allows for easier auscultation of high frequency sounds.
- Easy to clean, single-piece adjustable diaphragms.
- Dual-side chestpiece for both adults and children.
- New generation of elastic eartubes that last longer.
- Dual reed flexible eartubes that contain two sound channels each.
- The pediatric side may be converted to an open bell.
- 7-year warranty.
Check out all Littmann Cardiology IV stethoscopes
Included in the box:
- Large ear tips with good fit for a complete sound isolation.
- Small ear tips with good fit for a complete sound isolation.
- Rubber rim that is comfortable for the patient.
Adjusting the earphones tension:
- To decrease the tension of the spring, pull the eartubes apart.
- To increase the tension of the spring, press the eartubes against each other.
Choosing the active chestpiece side:
- Only one side of the chestpiece is acoustically active each time, something that is indicated by a special marking on the stem.
- To alternate between active sides, you may simply rotate the chestpiece.
Listen to high and low frequency sounds in each side of the chestpiece thanks to the adjustable Littmann diaphragms.
Use the large side for adults and the smaller side for children or thin patients, around bandages, or for carotid assessments.
- For low frequency sounds, apply small pressure to the chestpiece.
- For high frequency sounds, apply stronger and stable pressure to the chestpiece.
Transform to a traditional open bell:
- Pull the rim of the diaphragm on its small side and lift.
- Fit the elastic band by placing the one side on the edge and stretching it over the bell.
- To install the diaphragm, remove the elastic band and insert the diaphragm rim inside the groove. Finally, roll the rim around the chestpiece.
Cleaning – Disinfecting – Storing:
Clean the microscope between examinations by using a cloth with isopropyl alcohol (70%) or a disposable cloth with soap and water. For the disinfection of the stethoscope you may use a chlorine solution (2%) but be careful as this may cause discoloration to the eartubes. The adjustable diaphragms, elastic rim of the chestpiece, and eartips may be removed for thorough cleaning.
- To remove the eartips from the eartube, pull firmly.
- To assemble the eartips back, push the small side of the tip onto the tube until it locks in place.
- Make sure that the eartips are installed properly before you put the earphones.
- Do not immerse the stethoscope in any kind of liquids.
- Do not subject the stethoscope in any type of sterilization procedure.
- Do not store in locations that are near sources of high heat.
- Do not leave the stethoscope over or near markers, newspapers, pens, or any printed material or it may get permanently stained.
Littmann maintenance and warranty program:
Littmann Cardiology IV stethoscopes are covered by a 7-year warranty in the materials and assembly.
Within the warranty period, the devices can be amended without any additional cost by returning the stethoscope to 3D. The cases that are excluded from this include instruments that have been obviously mistreated, or damaged by random factors.